Finally! THE EPIC KRABBY PATTIE from Spongebob Squarepants! Our most requested dish of all time, we decided to model our episode after a Spongebob Squarepants Krusty Krab training episode. The meme that came from this episode was the tiny bug screaming “HOOPLA!”, but in the interest of not stealing everything from the internet, we excluded it. Instead, we made crab cake burgers with the special ingredient of LOVE!
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped celery
- 4-6 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 lb. frozen imitation crab meat, (defrosted and finely chopped in a food processor)
- &func34; cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise (plus 1 cup for dipping sauce)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Step 1 – Sauté the onions and celery in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add the thyme, lower the heat, and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Step 2 – In a large bowl combine the crabmeat, sautéed onions and celery, bread crumbs, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, egg, salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Step 3 – Shape into rounds by using a small ice cream scoop, then gently pat flat.
- Step 4 – Heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet. Working in batches (2 to 3 crab cakes at a time) place the crab cakes in a skillet and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. You may need to add more oil for the second and third batches.
- Step 5 – Preheat the oven to 400°F. Transfer the crab cakes to the baking pan and bake for 10 minutes. The crab cakes can be kept in a warm oven for approximately 30 minutes, or they may be reheated at serving time.
To create the Krabby Patty itself, you’ll need these hamburger making ingredients:
Sesame seed hamburger bun
- Slice of tomato
- Slice of red onion
- Cheese (cheddar or any other yellow cheese will work)
Combine the ingredients in that order with the Krabby Patty at the very bottom. If you need additional help, try referring to this photo for reference!
Horseradish Aioli Recipe:
2 egg yolks
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
2/3 cup peanut oil
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tbsp white grated horseradish
3 garlic cloves, minced
Combine egg yolks, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix. Combine the oils in a separate bowl and very slowly add this to your yolk mixture. Stir it in slowly. You can add the oil a little more quickly when the sauce thickens. Too much oil and your eggs and oil will not blend.
Add horseradish and garlic and mix. If you’re not a fan of either ingredient, you don’t need to put in the full amount. Chill and serve with your crabby patties!