In Futurama, Fry loves one drink above all others – Slurm. This fictional oozing green liquid may strike some viewers as a Coca-Cola of the future and in many ways it is! The drink is highly addicting, incredibly delicious, and has a mystery formula that no one knows. That is, until Fry and company win a trip to visit the Slurm factory, hosted by the charismatic and troubled Slurms McKenzie. This Willy Wonka-esque factory holds the secret to the Slurm recipe, which is a giant slug queen squirting it out of her nether regions into bottles. Of course, we couldn’t find a gigantic slug to create our very own Slurm excrement, so we did our best and made an easy-to-do, refreshing, and delicious ginger ale that shares the similar green color, as well as the fun label! The second food we create, Bachelor Chow, is the Futurama version of Puppy Chow, an unhealthy, but delicious snack food. The comparison was obvious when we saw the packaging for Bachelor Chow, placed conveniently in a dog food bowl.
Makes 6 servings
- 12 tablespoons (¾ cups, 180 mL) sugar
- 12 tablespoons (¾ cups, 180 mL) fresh lime juice
- 24 teaspoons (½ cups, 120 mL) fresh ginger juice
- 2 quarts (1.9L) of sparkling water
- Natural green food coloring
- 6 clear twist off bottles
- Stir sugar, lime jiuce, and ginger juice together. Mix well until sugar is dissolved.
- Add sparkling water
- Add food coloring
- Pour into empty twist off bottles
- 1 box of cereal (your choice)
- Powdered sugar
- ½ cup (120 mL) peanut butter
- ¼ cup (60 mL) butter
- 1 cup (240 mL) chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 doggie bowl
- Heat a pot on a stove at medium
- Add butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter
- Stir until liquid
- Add in vanilla extract
- Remove pot from stove
- Add cereal into pot
- Mix until all of the cereal is covered
- In a ziploc bag, pour in powdered sugar then spoon in covered cereal.
- Shake the bag and thoroughly mix the contents until all cereal is covered
Wimmy wam wam wozzle!!